They say a healthy mind in a healthy body is ideal to strive for. It’s the human mind which governs each and every action that our body takes and hence responsible for the our behavior towards others in every situation. And…our behavior towards others in turn results in how others perceive you as a person. Few months back, I wrote a post where I discussed about our fast-paced lives and how we try to meet others expectations. Today, I will give you some simple tips on how you can keep yourself calm in almost every situation and get out of it without adversely affecting your mind or body.
1. Be content with what you have: I’m not saying that one should not be ambitious or one should not strive for achieving more but do try appreciate what you already have. While reading this, just pause for a moment and look around you. Think about your child, your parents, your siblings, your friends, things you have already accomplished till now. Thank GOD for the same just carry on. You’ll definitely feel good!
2. Be optimistic: A great way to keep yourself calm and not get hassled in any tough situation is by being optimistic. Just be positive and my dear friend, I’m sure, you’ll be able to withstand any tough situation.
3. Don’t compare yourself with others: I have seen many people around me comparing their life with others and getting sad or disappointed about what they don’t have. People sometimes also get frustrated (of what they don’t have) after seeing so-called happy pics of their friends on Facebook. They also tend to forget that those friends might not upload their pics when they were sad. So, one should always look at himself or herself in absolute terms rather in comparison.
4. Have patience: Patience, persistence and tolerance are the keys to a successful life. Have realistic personal as well as professional goals and stick to them keeping mind the above three.
5. Don’t regret: While making a decision, think it through from all the angles but when you’ve already made one, whatever be the consequences, just don’t regret. Instead, take it as an experience, learn from it and move on.
6. Ego: While moving up on your professional ladder, you need to learn how to manage your ego. A successful leader is always admired how he or she treats his or her subordinates. (I discussed about it earlier too here – point no. 7)
7. Manage your expectations well: Yes, when you do something for others, your expectations increases from that person. You tend to think that he or she will also respond or return the favor in the same manner but when it doesn’t happens, things get little messed up. But, to avoid these situations, from the next time, just try to lower down your expectations a bit and feel the difference
8. Love others: Lastly, show your love towards others. People who are around you, who you think will always be with you, just show them your love, sometimes your unconditional love. Believe me, this will never get unnoticed and will always help you to keep things in a controlled and calm manner.
I feel these are the ways in which most of the successful people try to remain calm. What do you think? Are there more ways in which one can keep himself or herself calm in tough situations? Do let me know in the comments sections below. Would be happy to discuss!